Last updated on May 8, 2018.
This policy describes how I protect and use the information you give me. If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for editorial services)
- allow me to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information, but only if you provide it intentionally:
- Email address.
- Information regarding to your project (e.g. word count, genre, title, etc.).
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes and so that I am compliant with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your inquiry, quote, project, or booking.
- To add general information about your project to my portfolio after the project is complete.
- Google Analytics
Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with me.
To learn more about cookies, visit How Internet Cookies Work.
To read Google’s privacy statement, and how after May 25th you can request that I remove your information from my analytics data, see Google’s data privacy policies and approach and its data processing terms.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Contact form
I will never lease, distribute, or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my clients work with me more than once, and sometimes there can be a year or more between projects, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
The IRS requires me to keep records for at least 7 years after the relevant tax year.
With whom is your data shared?
Depending on which of my services you choose, your pen name, book title, book cover, and/or book interior design image may be displayed in my online portfolio after the project is complete. No other information is shared with anyone, unless you request that I do so in writing, or the IRS elects to audit my business.
Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with the IRS’s legal requirements, I’ll comply with your request immediately. If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com.