The publishers and editors below have tested me, passed me, and hired me to perform freelance copyediting and/or proofreading.
Pikko’s House – I currently proofread for Pikko’s House Editing on a subcontract basis.
Rooted in Writing – I currently copyedit and proofread for Rooted in Writing on a subcontract basis.
Before Booktrope ceased operations, I did editing and proofreading for this publisher.
- Poynter Institute/ACES – Certificate in Editing
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College – Writers’ Police Academy (2017 & 2018)
- Formatting for E-book – Certificate
- InDesign: Styling Novel Interiors – Skillshare
- Davenport University – English Core Classes (4.0 GPA)
- Warriner’s English Grammar and Composition – John E. Warriner
- Chicago Manual of Style – University of Chicago Press
- Oxford Style Manual – University of Oxford Press
- Plot & Structure – James Scott Bell
- Wired for Story – Lisa Cron